Visit this link to apply.
Liason between Liebherr factories (LVT), Liebherr U.S. sales and service staff, and North American customers on all matters regarding Liebherr gear machines, clamping fixture system designs, processes, technology, tools, and related automation equipment. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical design and detail of clamping fixture systems – plus related equipment and automation details -- primarily for gear cutting/grinding applications.
- Creates and revises 3D Solid Model details and assembly, drawings based on layouts, sketches, marked-up drawings, and/or supervisor instructions.
- Prepares quotes, contracts (inclusive orders to LVT) and RFP/RFQ responses for potential customers
- Prepares retool quotes, contracts (inclusive orders to LVT) and RFP/RFQ responses for potential customers, in cooperation with LVT colleagues in Retool and TB departments
- Maintains all quote documentation with accurate pricing and configurations
- Maintains sales demonstration tools and applications
- Develops and delivers presentations in a professional and effective manner by:
- developing technical presentations for potential customers
- maintaining up-to-date awareness of company activities, industry trends & government regulations
- Collaborates with sales team to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Maintains existing and establishes new relationships with customers
- Resolves customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission and values
- Provides pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Provides application support for Liebherr technologies
- Time estimates
- Tool life estimates
- Problem solving / troubleshooting
- Process improvements
- Travels to provide sales and application support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of gear nomenclature
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling in Creo (preferred) or SolidWorks, or ProE
- Understanding of gear manufacturing technology (shaping, hobbing, skiving, and gear grinding; as well as gear cutting tools)
- Understanding of automation systems as they relate to gear machines
- Proficient in MS Office, Camos, Verzahnanalyse, LC-Zeit and LCS-Zeit software
- Ability to read technical engineering drawings and understand GD&T
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in customer relations, and negotiation skills
- Availability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Shows initiative
- Employs analytical thinking skills
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree engineering with 3 years of experience in machining and/or gear products, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision.