Primary responsibility of this position is to develop, plan, direct and control the day-to-day manufacture of high precision gears and shafts through effective scheduling of machines, manpower, and material flow in order to meet customer schedules and sales forecasts. This position is responsible for the supervision of the direct and indirect hourly work team in the facility ensuring the team has the resources, skills, training, materials and information to safely produce the highest quality part, which meets customer specifications and schedules within cost specifications. Responsible for reviewing production schedules and coordinating the flow of materials and manufacturing of finished goods to the Customer. This position will also coordinate continuous improvement activities through process improvements and cost reduction initiatives for the manufacture of all components. Maintenance and equipment Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) are also a responsibility for this position.
The position is responsible for the direction, coordination, evaluation of the production department hourly work force and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assigning, and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system
- Identify and record any product, process, and quality system problems
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels
- Verify the implementation of solutions
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected as defined by the applicable procedures and/or by delegation of the appropriate Manufacturing Manager
- Ensure full compliance to the Standards of Business Conduct through familiarity with related policies and procedures.Train and motivate subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures
- Ensure department goals for safety, quality, and throughput are achieved within AOP budgets
- Responsible for the efficient control of the shipping and receiving departments, ensuring on-time delivery, minimal expedites, and receiving controls to maintain inventory accountability
- Responsible for the Maintenance of equipment as well as supporting the EHS management system
- Ensure the appropriate liaison between manufacturing and preventive/predictive maintenance is maintained, supporting group activities or programs as necessary for implementation of manufacturing goals
- Train and develop team members on work processes and requirements to ensure functioning in a safe and efficient environment
- Provide production and schedule related information and serve as a communication link between the team and the organization
- Transition business performance data analysis skills to team members
- Facilitate the performance evaluation process
- Coach team members for increased performance; counsel and take corrective action when necessary
- Provide and develop leadership.
- Suggests changes in work methods and use of equipment to increase safety and efficiency both within Manufacturing, Materials and Engineering.Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Maintain plant/corporate expectations for policies and procedures, safety, housekeeping (5S) & environmental (ISO 14001); quality (QS/TS); HR, production, IT, finance, materials, maintenance and engineering while achieving or exceeding the Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals
- Bachelor's Level Degree in Business or Engineering required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment and a minimum of 5 years experience in CNC machining which includes turning, milling, drilling, grinding required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in gear manufacturing which includes hobbing, shaping, broaching, spline rolling, high precision gear grinding and quality control inspection. required
- Proven leadership in an industrial manufacturing environment required
- Automotive manufacturing experience preferred
- Statistical quality control, design of experiments, quality planning, and product safety & liability and Six Sigma Greenbelt or higher certification preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required, with the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment required